Is it weird to date your step cousin?

He likes me and I like him too but I don't want to be some weird dysfunctional family.

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in same position, and can tell you there is nothing wrong with it.

"Step Cousins" is two completely different families who came together through some one else's marriage. Say two other people within the two families got married first, you'd deny the other two from being married now?

You aren't blood. You are not related. It's completely fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically no, but you have to ask yourself two questions:
    1, is your family okay with it?
    And 2, what are you gonna do if/when things turn sour? You're related, you're going to have to see each other every so often, and it's going to be awkward.
    So is it really worth it?

• "is your family okay with it?"
      Your family doesn't have a word to say. You are the one who knows what you want in life. If a relative disagrees, it's their problem, not yours

• True but to some people family is important to them. I know if my family had issues with my boyfriend and vise versa I would have a major problem with it.