Would you date a transgender?

Saw something about Bruce/ Caitlyn Jenner and thought of this, so would you? Is it even concidered to be gay?

• Yeah
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2234

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't date men, them believing themselves to be women does not change that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I am not sure where i stand sexually! hahah

What Guys Said 33

• No. Identifying as a woman does not magically make you female.

• I have a set standard that I CHOOSE to live by. I am quite content with a woman's company when it comes to dating. I have my male friends and that is where they are... Friends I also have female friends. But I can honestly say there isn't one of them who think of the self as both

• I have in the past and see no reason I would not do it again.

• No I would not. Despite me supporting people for being who they want to be, the idea that that person used to be a man just sorta makes me sick

• If they're attractive then yes. I don't see how it would be considered gay, but even if it did then well obviously I'd still have a strong preference for females and that would make me bi - so even if it somehow makes me bi, who cares? I wouldn't have a problem with being gay either if through some magic it worked like that. I like what I like, why would I care what people call it? Seriously, I can't understand caring about the labels.

• Uhhhh nope lol

• No

, ,,, , , , ,

,,,

• Not my cup of tea, coffee, milk, water. I'll rather stay single all my life 😜

• I do not date men with mental health issues.

• I would only be willing to date non-reassigned biological females.

So that leaves FtM transgender without hormone therapy and sex reassignment, and "cisgender" females.

• If they looked like a guy, sounded like a guy, and had a functioning dick like a guy, then yes I would

• I'm not gay, so I wouldn't.
    Obviously.

• Honestly no. I want a woman, that was born a woman, that has natural female anatomy.

• Nope be a cold day in hell before that ever happened.

• I would not.

• No, I would not.

• Ah, No I'm not about that life.

• No, absolutely not. The only way I could consider doing it is if actual biological gender could be changed.

• I would never date a transgender person.

• I don't think I could, I wouldn't be comfortable telling people that she is a transgender, so I don't think she should have to date me if I can't be proud about her.

• I want to say yes, but I just can't bring myself to.. I'm sorry.

• Nope. Never.

• I find that to be repulsive, so no.

• Nope. I like my females born, not made.

• I not sure honestly, although, transgender is too unspecific anyways. It's dependant on how they feel not what they are.

• No, I would not. Not my type I prefer real female

• Would need to be female sexually oriented, reproductive system included, and prepared to be surgically repaired.

• NO! To be completely honest, I would rather never date anyone ever again than face the humiliation of dating a transgender person.

• No, i would no. I would not be attracted to a person like that, but exceptions happen.

• But Technically wouldn't you be dating a guy?

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 21

• no. i'm not sure how that would play out. and i'm quite uncertain about how stable transgender people are. if you have problems with something as "basic" as gender identity... that's very worrisome :/

• Gender identity is not "basic".

• @lumos do you really believe that more than 50% of the world is confused about their gender? i don't. it isn't a believable statistic, but then again, there isn't much data about this. race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status are all complex things... but again, most people can confidently state their race and their socioeconomic status. just because a concept has many factors interlocked within it, doesn't mean it can't be simple for some people. another example, calculus is complex, but pretty basic for a lot of mathematicians out there.

• Never said that it's not simple for some people. And no, I don't believe 50% of the world is confused. But I do believe many people are a lot more fluid than they think. You don't have to be struggling or confused about your gender. The fluidity is also what makes it complex because you can't always pinpoint it, even if you're confident about who you are or who you like.

• No way. I want to have babies naturally, and even though I respect the choice of people in doing whatever they want, I can't get past the fact that the "dude" has XX chromosomes and was born a female.

• No, I can't see myself dating a transgender individual.
    Why? Well... I like guys because of our obvious anatomical differences, as well as how they look/behave. Even though a f to m person may look like a guy in terms of hair-cut and apparel, they'll always be a 'girl' to me. Like a girl in dress-up; not the full package in terms of being a guy.

• I probably couldn't date a trans man. I feel kinda bad for saying this, but I really like my boyfriend's penis. Of course, that's not all it means to be a man. But... I dunno, I want... it's hard to say. I would have to be in the situation to see.

Yea, I do think it's important to add person after transgender. Like.. black man or gay man vs the black or the gay, haha.

• I would like to say yes because i respect transgender people a lot and even look up to them for having the courage and bravery of being who they always felt like... but if im honest, I would not date one. I would be friends with one though, but when it comes to being together and forming a reationship with one, nope i can't :/

• Yeah, I certainly have been attracted to trans people before... but good GOD, the number of transphobes in the male section. ; _ ; Does it really cost that much to be decent and courteous when referring to an entire community, even if you don't want to date them?

Being polite to trans folk doesn't make you gay*. So cool your jets guys.

*FYI, neither does dating a trans woman. But if you dated a trans man...

• Also calling out the women on transphobia too. You know who you are, darlings.

• Just like people who are born the right gender, it would depend on the person themselves. If she was born male ( or he was born female) and is a total sweet heart or connects with me then hell yes. If he/she is a douche or just doesn't connect, then of course not. So yes, I would date a trans person depending on their personality. (Looks don't hurt either, though ;) )

• It depends. I have no problem dating a transgender person. They would have had to transition from male to female if it was a fresh relationship. If I had been dating a girl and they transitioned to male that would be different and could do that. But if I was dating a transgender who I only knew as a transgender then they would have to be a fully transitioned transwoman because I'm not sexually attracted to penis for the most part. Saying that sounds horrible to me but it is what it is.

• I don't think I could do it.

I wish I was more open minded.

I respect their choice, but I don't think I'd be able to feel sexually attracted to them and date them (assuming I was aware they were transgender).

But I have never been in that situation. So maye if I had gotten to love them for who they are an only found out the truth after. Then I'd be conflicted...

• I'd rather not, but never say never.

• no definitely not.

• If I like him, yes.

• Yeah, I think if we clicked well and I actually found that person attractive then why not :D

• no i won't

• No, I want a biological male because penis

• No thanks.

• Hell no why should I get imitation when I can get the real thing that can actually provide me children. We can be friends though.

• No way. Only desperation would force someone into dating one of those.
    Being a lesbian is one thing, being a woman who likes a woman dressed as a man is something even worse.

• no, I'll date a real man only.

• Nope I would not.

• yeah no that's not happening.