Lied about my background to this girl, is this a big deal?

So I met this girl two months ago, now when we met I didn't think it was gonna turn into anything serious, I'm Spanish from Argentina. Now I noticed that this girl said that she liked Colombians so I said I was half Colombian too. We've been getting pretty serious lately and if she meets my family I'm gonna Harv to eventually tell her I'm not, if I do would this be a major red flag? How do I handle this?

• Big deal
  • Not a big deal

92

Most Helpful Girl

• You lied, therefore you don't respect her, or your relationship with her, enough to be honest. There is already deception in your relationship and so it's not an authentic one, and she isn't really trusting you, because you aren't being truthful. If you progress with the lie, your relationship won't be a decent one.

Most Helpful Guy

• It will come out either way. Do yourself and her a favour and say it yourself instead of her finding it out the hard way.