Would you date a girl (or boy) who smokes weed or hash?

Would you date someone who smokes weed or hash if it was legal where you live and that person didn't let in interfere with their life (they still work and pay bills and are social) so that person just uses it to relax but does use it on a daily basis. Would you date a person like that or would it be an issue? Also why would it be an issue for you or why would you be fine with it?

2329

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be an issue for me... I've never done drugs of any kind.

I've seen the effects of social/ daily use of weed on a close friend who used it to " chill and relax" it impaired her rational ability, it has affected her child- born addicted... and since her " habit" which she claimed was just to chill and relax ended in a car crash that killed people in the other vehicle, she is now in prison and her 2 year old child is still on a methadone program, has mental and developmental issues and is in state care at tax payers expense...
    I'd much rather no- one using weed, all the families with loved ones currently affected by it, not affected anymore, and my tax dollars put to better use...
    Users always say it only effects them, but they never look at the long term picture... and how their actions affect those around them...
    How much better their life could be with their drug money put to better use...

Maybe people who use illegal drugs should be drug tested for welfare benefits and denied tax payer funded health care!!

Just my opinion

• Sounds like a fair opinion, only your example is different from my example, in my example it doesn't interfere with normal life, this person does everything she is supposed to do that day and doesn't smoke until she can stay inside until the high is over, she wouldn't do it if pregnant and would never drive under influence. What you describe is substance abuse, what i describe is simply relaxing in front of the tv with a joint in hand. But I do get your point.

• @zoooot like to see you use that argument with our law enforcement!! And all the research, including long term effects seem to go against your theory... Either way I'm not interested in being involved emotionally, socially or business wise with anyone you uses illegal substances here...

Enjoy

• just stating facts mate, your law enforcement has very little if not nothing to do with my life haha

Most Helpful Girl

• No. There are other methods to relax. If a person is dependant on a substance to relax then they obviously need help.
    Same goes for cigarettes or daily alcohol consumption.