How many of you women pay for the first date?

Just curious

• I do
  • I don't

156

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually split, but I did pay every time during my last relationship. Goes with the territory of dating younger sometimes.

• Yeah, mainly because of seeing people as equal and women fighting for their right to work and have high salaries, then after you pick up your first job you say, "I don't want to pay for this." Cheap bastards.

• Huh?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well usually the guy does the asking and the one that asks should be the one that pays. I usually pick something like ice skating or bowling though for a first date and so I'm not really spending all that much money.

After a first date I think it should be whoever feels like spoiling the other person should pay. It's about WANTING to pay for your partner not being obliged to. I don't like the 50/50 thing nor do I like the take turns thing because that just feels too systematic and not romantic at all.