Bringing up cuddling vs bringing up sex?

I've noticed something since being on tinder, and during the times I use it. Most guys have mentioned either wanting to cuddle with me, mentioning helping to warm me up by cuddling with me, or telling me to let them know if I ever want to cuddle with them sometime.

Why not just straight up say you want to have sex with a girl? What are they trying to accomplish under the guise of The Cuddle Strategy?

I asked my manager and he said it's 'cause most girls would be put off by a guy straight up saying "Hey you wanna fuck?" But I just... the cuddle thing is cheesy as hell. It's a weak move, but it's apparently a quite common one.

Would you mention cuddling to a girl or are you straight up with what you want and go for the Sex Attack vs The Cuddle Strategy?
  • I go for The Cuddle Strategy
  • I go for The Sex Attack
  • I use The Cuddle Strategy
    Vote C
  • I use the Sex Attack
    Vote D

641

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I can see how a guy would want to say he wants to cuddle vs wanting to have sex. Cuddling may feel less direct or it's less likely the girl would feel like a slut basically. That does sound like a way to try and gain leverage or an advantage lol. I do like to cuddle which can easily lead to sex but I don't have an issue telling my girlfriend that I want sex with her. I just wouldn't stay with a girl that isn't interested in regular sex. I don't want to feel like I'm trying to convince her. The guys on tinder are mostly looking for sex and they don't know you so they are trying to give themselves the best opportunity while trying to minimize offending you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol any dude that said he wanted to cuddle with me was hoping that i was dumb enough to say yes and naive enough to think his intentions were just to cuddle. Which offends me that they would think i was that stupid. :P

• since when have you ever had a man over to "cuddle" that you haven't had sex with? he wasn't trying to trick you, he was trying to talk about sex in a more respectful way than "hey, wanna fuck?" :P

• @jjfrancis lol well a guy told me he liked me then i said i just want to be friends and then he suggested we cuddle when we were friends. He used to come over and chill with me but he suggested the cuddling thing through text smh.