What is it like to love someone enough to want to marry them?

I'm sure plenty of you are married or engaged (or have been in the past.) Whats that relationship like to you?

I'm 26 now, and I've dated plenty of girls at this point in my life, but any serious relationship ends the same way: at a certain point they start to really annoy me. Small things that didn't bother me start to, I don't love having them hang out with my friends when I used to be proud to bring her around, and I start to disagree with everything about her.

Its like the perfect woman turns completly unattractive to me after 6 months of serious dating.
Does that ever not happen?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea at all. I wish I knew the answer to the question you're asking.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's like you're excited to meet someone but you can't wait.
    Marriage is awesome when it's over, you finally get to eat the cake.

That's the main reason why I rush 2 people into marriage, for the free cake. If there's no cake I'll sabotage their marriage!!!

What Girls Said 2

• marriage is way different. love is more like if someone asks you to bring the most beautiful flower in a really huge field and asks you that if you skip the flower behind you can't turn back to get it and have to move ahead to pick another flower and come back home. You go keep searching for a beautiful flower, whenever you find one you think there did be another beautiful flower ahead and you leave it behind and move ahead. When you reach far in the field, you realize a flower you skipped behind was way beautiful but now you can't to get it. So you just pick the flower you think is beautiful and take it home. But marriage is more like if you were given a chance to go to the same field and told to get the most beautiful flower again this time with the same rules. The second time when you go and see a beautiful flower, you bring it home and are satisfied that even later in the field if there more beautiful flowers, I'm still satisfied with this flower.

• I hope that makes sense, it's complicated to explain in text. It's somethint my friend once told me

• I'd I knew I'd be married

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!