Do guys like a shy girl?

I am 19 years old and pretty shy around people I don't know.
I'm really bad at small talk and feel really uncomfortable around new people and big groups. I'm not like shy to point where I'm a mute, but I am pretty awkward and don't know what to say.

However this is only until you get to know me!! Once I feel comfortable with people I am really outgoing and love to talk.

Guys have pointed out my shyness several times and make it seem as though it's a really bad quality. Someone told me it made me seem as though I'm insecure and childish, which I am neither of those things.

Do all guys find shyness an unattractive quality in a girl?

322

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, lots of guys like shy girls. However, a lot of them will not feel encouraged enough to actually approach them in person, so they will get... not overlooked, exactly, but simply not approached as often. Meeting people online can often be a lot easier for people that are really shy, it can take a lot of the pressure off, and give a lot more time between responses to think of ways to keep the conversation going. And eventually you'll learn tricks that'll make conversation easier.

So you will do fine being a shy girl, but it will be harder for you to meet enough guys to find ones that really click with you on a personal level until you start taking a few more risks, or open things up via online interactions or something like that.

Your 'shy' will only affect that very first approach, the first few interactions. So it won't be something that will affect a relationship over time. You just have to get over that first hump and you'll be fine.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• but shyness is sort off related with insecurity no?
    I think you should put yourself out more, like force yourself a bit to get out of your bubble to reach a more average personality rather than one extreme.
    you need to be more imposing, especially when you re gonna start work you know? so better start working on it from now.
    anw a little of shyness is kind off cute (when it is not an excess) and even considered a sign of femininity.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE