How long have you waited to have sex typically when dating a guy you loved?

Sex has always been a problem in my relationships. After I give love and romance the women I date still never seem to want to have sex. It makes me feel like they do want to be intimate but then they say they want more romance.

346

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can be in a 'serious' relationship with someone for 4-6 months, and they don't flip out about the lack of sex. Then it's appropriate. If after 2 weeks (or so), all they ask about is sex, then.. that's all they want. It's good to do this, so you don't come off as easy... or a pushover. If you sleep with someone after 2 days.. they may tell friends. And you will be known as easy.

Most 'normal' people wait until 15-17. Some people lose it at 12. (they grow up to be the lovely faces that grace the strip clubs and street corners). Some wait til 18. And some wait til marriage. It matters what you feel. If you're 30, and don't feel ready, then dont do it. It will feel like 'self rape'. Don't be in a rush, like half the teens seem to be.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What if after waiting 4-6 months the man has resentment?

• there is resentment because it makes you feel like she isn't attracted to you

• Then it isn't resentment. It's your self-esteem getting to your head making you feel unattractive. You also have to try to see things through her perspective.

She's with you because she likes you to begin with (its not like you have a gun to her head). So that attractive BS shouldn't even count.

A lot of factors play in why she holds herself sex. To some people sex is something people do for fun, and for others it's opening their most personal deep feelings that would destroy them if they were used like someone's napkin. So they guard that very carefully until they are sure they can trust you with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like most girls have had sex by the second week of dating or even sooner with at least a few of their previous partners. So if by that point a girl hasn't expressed interest in sleeping with me Id just call things off.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What? You have to realize that for us women, having sex is REALLY risky - from potential pregnancy to STDs to potentially damaged reputation - so it can take a while for us to develop trust for a guy.

• Even with guys we're REALLY attracted to, most girls won't go into a hookup with him without developing trust first. Girls who have sex with dudes really fast, are rare. Definitely a minority.

• @mistixs
      Thats just what girls want guys to believe. you'll have sex/ send nudes right away to guys you think are out of your league and then play hard to get with everyone else.