How long have you waited to have sex typically when dating a guy you loved?

Sex has always been a problem in my relationships. After I give love and romance the women I date still never seem to want to have sex. It makes me feel like they do want to be intimate but then they say they want more romance.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• If you can be in a 'serious' relationship with someone for 4-6 months, and they don't flip out about the lack of sex. Then it's appropriate. If after 2 weeks (or so), all they ask about is sex, then.. that's all they want. It's good to do this, so you don't come off as easy... or a pushover. If you sleep with someone after 2 days.. they may tell friends. And you will be known as easy.

Most 'normal' people wait until 15-17. Some people lose it at 12. (they grow up to be the lovely faces that grace the strip clubs and street corners). Some wait til 18. And some wait til marriage. It matters what you feel. If you're 30, and don't feel ready, then dont do it. It will feel like 'self rape'. Don't be in a rush, like half the teens seem to be.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What if after waiting 4-6 months the man has resentment?

• Show All
    • there is resentment because it makes you feel like she isn't attracted to you

• Then it isn't resentment. It's your self-esteem getting to your head making you feel unattractive. You also have to try to see things through her perspective.

She's with you because she likes you to begin with (its not like you have a gun to her head). So that attractive BS shouldn't even count.

A lot of factors play in why she holds herself sex. To some people sex is something people do for fun, and for others it's opening their most personal deep feelings that would destroy them if they were used like someone's napkin. So they guard that very carefully until they are sure they can trust you with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like most girls have had sex by the second week of dating or even sooner with at least a few of their previous partners. So if by that point a girl hasn't expressed interest in sleeping with me Id just call things off.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What? You have to realize that for us women, having sex is REALLY risky - from potential pregnancy to STDs to potentially damaged reputation - so it can take a while for us to develop trust for a guy.

• Show All
    • Even with guys we're REALLY attracted to, most girls won't go into a hookup with him without developing trust first. Girls who have sex with dudes really fast, are rare. Definitely a minority.

• @mistixs
      Thats just what girls want guys to believe. you'll have sex/ send nudes right away to guys you think are out of your league and then play hard to get with everyone else.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 33

• For me, I'd have to build trust and an emotional connection with the guy before I can get intimate.

With my current guy, we met online and it was a whole month before we met in person. During that time, we established an emotional connection, which was further strengthened when we met in person. We had sex the night of the first day we met. It was magical :)

1|0
    0|0
  • as an adult, I haven't fallen in I've until after the sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Taking off my clothes and getting intimate with someone is a very vulnerable thing. It takes me a while before I'm comfortable being vulnerable with someone new. I don't have any set wait time. It just depends on how comfortable I am with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to be comfortable and trust the person to have sex. My guy and I waited about 3 months from the day we met and a bit over 2 months from our first official date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until I am comfortable. It takes time for some people to trust enough to do it and it could be nothing to do with you maybe she feels insecure with herself and needs to be secure enough that she won't scare you off etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• I don't wait for sex, but I'm not monogamous either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just when you are both ready to but don't try to force it that never ends well

0|0
    0|0
  • I follow the 15 minute rule

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably only wait a month lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't date men

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes