Why did he post this on social media if he is semi-seeing me?

For the past 2 months this guy and I have hung out a few times and have had sex. I wasn't looking for anything serious nor was he (we are 21). I caught feelings, however, and he said he never has had a girlfriend and just has one nighters every so often.

I haven't heard from him in a week (we live an hour away unless I am at home, then it's a half hour). He posted a pic of him picking up a girl and saying "the girlfriend is back!!!" Then right after "jk but I wish 😢"

What did he mean? If he has been having sex with me and we had plans to see each other again, what is this?
*weve had sex a few times

11