What do you think about an open, long distance relationship?

Two people who say they love each other, talk every day, live 10 hours from each other, tag each other in funny posts on the internet, hook up and text other people, only see one another twice a year for two weeks at a time, both in first year of college and involved in fraternities/sororites. will this last, or become anything serious?

2626

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that is destined for failure. The person you are nearer to and having sex with more often will always trump your LDR SO. Just a matter of who you see all the time compared to someone you only see a couple times a year. I think it would be better to just remain internet friends and let each other have separate lives with other people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe it's impossible to make them work, but it is rare that they work out. They are very challenging and extra effort needs to be put into the relationship in order for it to survive. Plus, sacrifices from both people need to be made.

Most people who enter into a long-distance relationship tend to build an illusion of what the person is like and what their life could be like together. Then when they do meet up, their illusion is shattered because they discover the person is not the person who they thought they were.

Love isn't measured by distance , so if two people truly love each other then they will "climb mountains " and "swim oceans " to be together. They will find a way to be together... someday. So it all depends on the strength of their love for each other , and how badly they want to make it work.

Lots of people have successful long-distance relationships , but there's also lots of people who haven't managed to be able to make it work. It takes an emotionally strong person to make it work, because trust issues and insecurities start to develop, which drives them apart. They start feeling envious of people who get to spend time with them.. .. in reality.

I don't believe it could ever work out if the relationship is an "open" relationship