Would you believe a guy who cancelled a dinner date on the morning of the date, saying he had a work event that evening?

So, I was supposed to go to dinner today with a guy I am seeing at the moment (second date). Everything was set for this evening, and this morning, just after I made the extra effort to dress up, I get a text from him saying that he would have to cancel, since a senior person from his head office Had flown in for the week, and so he has a work thing this evening...

I don't know if I should believe him, since work things, especially if someone is flying in, is usually planned weeks in advance. So I am a bit annoyed.

What do you think?
OK, a lot of you are saying, wait to see if he sets up another date, and then you would know. The problem is he set up our third date (visit to a museum exhibit coming Sunday), before our second date. But then he proposed a second date before that, cos he didn't want to wait until Sunday to see me. So I can't really test his interest you see...

Also he used to message me every day, and call every now and then. However since he cancelled that date on Monday, I haven't heard from him.

615

Most Helpful Guy

• At this point, try to stay positive. People always turn negative in situations like this. Give him the benefit of the doubt for now. If this happened 2 or 3 times in a row, then you have reason to be pissed!

• Thanks. That is good advice. I usually follow that philosophy, but I guess it was the way this guy cancelled. Didn't really apologise, just said, "hey I am going to have to be a pain, and cancel!"

• I agree, he could have sounded more sorry about it. As a test, what you do is text him and tell him to let you know when would be a good time. This puts the ball in his court! If he genuinely wants to be with you he will take the time and effort to re plan! Good luck!

• I actually replied saying, "Alright. Thanks for letting me know!" I'm gonna leave it to him to schedule another date if he wants to. If he doesn't, I wouldn't really be bothered anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys are better with direct messages. Tell him how you feel! That you were excited for your date, disappointed something came up even though you understand it was out of his hands. See how he responds to honesty. That will be the quickest way to get all the confusion out of the air and move on. I say give him one last chance to make up for it. Obviously it wasn't his fault, and you don't know him very well so give him the benefit of the doubt. See if he takes you on a really special date and pay attention to how/if he apologizes. And of course trust your gut.