When is it okay to say I love you?

When is it okay to say I love you?

Many express that if you just met a person and dated for a month that to say, I love you despite the strong feelings you may have for that person that it will be too much too soon. Some express that the the L word should not be used at all until after 3-6 months, and the woman should be the first to say it...

Tell me what you think? Is there a time limit for using the L word?
  • Use the L word as soon as you feel it
  • Use the L word after 3-6 months despite your feelings
  • Let her say the L word first no matter the timeline
    Vote C
  • Let him say the L word first no matter the timeline
    Vote D

187

Most Helpful Girl

• If you met someone and you think you are inlove with them, it is not love what you are actually feeling but infatuation of that person. Psychology says that if you still feel the same way about a person 4 months after meeting them (or being "in love" with them), then you've crossed to the love section. I can then see why they say wait 3-6 months... To be honest, I never even have thought about that. when to tell someone I love them... but then again, I dont think I was ever the first to tell my exes I loved them. But I think when you feel it and have had that feeling for a few months (after 4) that you're sure, it is a sure bet you are IN LOVE with that person... but maybe do not LOVE them as yet.
    There is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. The latter is infatuation, the first is real love <3 and what will get you through the ups and down of life and your relationship.
    Hope that helps! :)

• Correction: But I think when you feel it and have had that feeling for a few months (after 4 months), it is a sure bet you are IN LOVE with that person... but maybe you still do not LOVE them as yet. ***

• thank you for MHO! :)