What is a major turn off for you?

Ever been on a date with someone and noticed that they have a trait or quirk that is just a complete mood killer? I'm talking something they are just unaware they do, or they know they do it and to them it is not a huge deal? For me it's a guy obsessed with using the anti-bacterial stuff, or he picks at his body (or worse mine!)... I admit seems odd but I just get the image of Michael Myers as Goldmember and...*bllleeck*
Anyone else want to weigh in?

1319

Most Helpful Guy

• Some things build over time. A lot of quirks are like enhancers of feelings you already have. If I really like someone, their quirks seem fun and playful and a charming bit of eccentricity. If I really dislike someone, their quirks are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

But in terms of like, something that stands out on a date, and early date (first or second) that would really make me question if this is something I want to pursue... someone that always cuts you off in a conversation. I like to talk, and I like to listen, but some people just can't let you get a complete sentence out without jumping in and starting saying something else. That drives me nuts, and makes it impossible to maintain my train of thought. It's like they don't want to listen, they are just waiting for a turn to talk again. That's one of the few things that can really make me start clock watching.

• I cut people off without even realizing it sometimes. :/

• @thewanderingme Sure, everyone does sometimes. That's not going to be enough to phase me. I have just encountered people who ALWAYS do it. Every second sentence you say you are being cut off. At that point it's not just an 'accident'. That's just somebody not caring about what you are saying, and only worried about their own thoughts.