Should you put others before yourself?

Should you sacrifice things for you So? Or should it be about you and what youd like. Or even a middle ground. Please explain answer

Guess this is why im single lol

Most Helpful Guy

• middle ground seems like the fair option, equal on both sides.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in a healthy relationship both partners put the other person before themselves. Neither partner should ever feel like they are putting in more effort then the other or that their wants and needs take the backseat more often than the other. It's a two way street.

What Guys Said 10

• When doing mutual things, doing everything my way got to be boring - I can do all that when alone
    more interesting and adventuresome to do things the other party's way and learn what other things I might like better

the happiest are ones that delve into other's lives more than their own

• To a point, yes. But it depends.

• There should be SOME sacrifice made by both partners for one another, yes. But a sense of self still must be maintained and respected.

• its a give and take. both sound give up something to make it work. if one is always expected to give it will not work because eventually they feel used and unloved.

• I put my well being and success before pretty much everyone except my mom because I spent almost all of my childhood in hospitals being treated for several different life threatening problems and she was always there with me

• I always put others before me. I should call myself "MATT" or "Welcome"

• It's a balance. I put her first, she puts me first. Simultaneously, we both watch to make sure our own needs are being met, and express if they are not. Something like that. Mutual selflessness.

• Only if they are with it 8)

• It takes an equal amount from both parties.

• I put others before myself if there's someone shooting at me.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the situation. I'd say there's a middle ground.

• Middle ground. Primarily, you should care for yourself FIRST and foremost, but if it's a situation where someone you love is going to suffer more from an action than you are, then help take care of THEM.

• It should be a balance. Do things to help enhance your loved ones life but not at the detriment of your own. Unless of course it's children, then they come first.