Anyone here have Aspergers or Schizophrenia?

Anonymous
I met a girl years ago at college who has Aspergers and Schizophrenia. I thought she was interesting so I spent time with her. I started helping her with homework when she was really stressed out.

I eventually started to develop romantic feelings for her, but I decided to keep my mouth shut because she had a boyfriend. When people suggested to her that I might have feelings for her she asked me and I denied it. I kept helping her and we became close.

Anyways, I eventually had to leave college. Her boyfriend cheated on her, she decided to forgive him, then she got pregnant, miscarried and he left her.

This left her very stressed and at one point she had to be briefly admitted to a psychological facility. I tried to be a good friend and tried calling her but I think that was a bad decision because she ignored me and I got a little angry at her. She has a bad habit of not getting back to people or suddenly not responding in the middle of a messaging conversation. I guess I felt like she didn't want to talk to me. I told her that it was rude of her to ignore someone who was trying to help. I was overreacting but she told me that she needed space to focus on herself and that she wasn't good at getting back to people and I needed to accept that. I agreed to give her space for as long as she needed, this was 2 months ago.

I don't know what to do. I want to be a good friend and give her space like she said she wanted but I also really want to tell her how I feel and I want to be there for her because I was the person she could talk to about everything. She's beautiful and a lot of guys want her and I don't want to lose her. I am also scared that she won't want to be my friend if she isn't interested in me romantically. I want to know what I should do from the perspective of people who can relate to her. Also, if anyone has any insights into why she tends to disappear mid conversation when we're messaging I would like to understand so I don't get upset in the future.
0
1