Is coffee a date?

Anonymous
I have this guy that I became friends with 2 months ago, we've gotten close quite fast. I like him, and I'm 90% sure he feels something for me, whatever that may be. I think he broke up with some girl he was dating due to his feelings. Anyway they broke up a week ago and since his focus is 100% on me. Yesterday he said maybe we could grab a cup of coffee or something as a study break for coffee (in the future not for that day) and then tonight he mentioned he was out to dinner alone, but I was in lecture and he asked when I'd be out as he was going to grab coffee after. Up to this point there have been a lot of little build ups as in him saying he cares what I think, and little comments like that but I'm not sure what to think.
Is he prepping me with an ambiguous coffee to build to asking me out on a date. Is coffee a date?
Is coffee a date?
3
1