What does this text after a first date mean? Any suggestions?

Memeb222
I went on a first date last night with a guy I met online. I wasn't 100% attracted to him (he didn't look a lot like his photo) but he was really nice and I would have been happy to see him again. He seemed really into me, constantly smiling, asking a barrage of questions touching my hand, arm back etc. He told me I was gorgeous and interesting and lots of guys would be interested. I go the feeling he wanted me to go back to his hotel room (he is from out of town and had come to stay overnight and have dinner with me -which he paid for). I brought the date to an end myself as I felt that we'd had a lovely evening but it had been enough for a first meeting. And I felt he was being a bit pushy. I didn't feel happy to have sex on the first date so we kissed and parted ways. When I got home he had whatsapped me to check that my car was fine (it was low on water due to a leak) and I said it was and that I was home safely. I also felt that I'd perhaps been a bit less than encouraging and should clarify that I did want to see him again, so I told him. I'd had a great evening and would like to do it again - and next time I'd stay out later. He didn't reply until this morning when he said thank you for coming out and he'd had a great time. He said that he would be away throughout the summer (as he was travelling) but after that if I was in his city and wanted to catch an opera or ballet to get in touch with him. Then he said "In the meanwhile take care" and signed with a kiss. I replied with a Thankyou, hope you have fun this weekend! Xx (he was visiting friends) and he hasn't replied. I'm newly back on the dating scene and totally confused with guys who come on strong, tell me I'm gorgeous, and then flake out (one even said I was the woman of his dreams stunning beautiful and he wanted to be fine forever but 4 days later blocked me on WhatsApp!!!) So how should I interpret this? A polite "Thanks but no thanks" or a "I liked you and want to see you again?'
5
5