What are your views of touching during the 'stages' of dating?

Silencer
In my opinion, since I'm a fairly sociable person, I use touch as a form of affirmation for the other person.

If it's someone I have only met for a few days but I am interested in them, I will go ahead and say I do touch interaction if I ask them out and they say 'yes.' Usually, I commit to lingering touches on forearms/upper arms. Farthest I have gone when I know someone that briefly is when I hug them around their waist (I need to practice NOT doing this, as I do believe this might be coming on too strongly) when we are parting. However, sometimes I do wonder if I do too much of it, because I have been getting mixed results from a person wanting to see me again, to people not responding to calls or text.

After a certain point of time when I know them, I usually start to go into higher levels, including ear caresses, jawline caress, etc. Heighten up the levels of intimacy to let them know the chemistry is alive and well.

I've heard from so many people and their opinions about this. No touching means a person is actually being respectful, or they are just not that into you, or lacking confidence, etc. Too much touching either means they only want to hook-up, or they are really into you, or that's just how they are, etc.

What's your takes on this?
1
1