He just ignored my text :( Why?

pinkunicorn18
I'm 25 and he's 23, we've been seeing each other for about 3 months, during the first month he was like always calling me and wanting to see me, then things started changing, we didn't see each other as much, so I ask my friend (since he is her brother) and asked her if their parents had anything to do with it, and she told me yes, that they had told him that since I was older than him that I'd want to get married right away, that he wouldn't be able to give me the life I'm accustomed to, etc (their parents are very controlling). He kept telling me that he was very much interested in me, but things in his life had gotten rough and that he needed to better himself to be with me and that he needed to work, which I understood after I talked to my friend. So 3 weeks ago (we talked everyday, almost all day), on a Tuesday he WhatsApped me early in the morning telling me what he had for breakfast, good morning and a motivational quote, two hours later I replied and just got a one word answer from him and he started letting me on SEEN, so I just stopped. I didn't heard from him for the rest of the week and I knew he was going on a trip on Sunday because he had told me he needed to get away and clear his mind because of all the problems he has, and I didn't heard from him during the week he went away, so I sent him a WhatsApp when I knew he was back home, and he replied and told be how it went, etc and we kept talking until Wednesday that I went away, so I left him on seen because I was on a plane and on another country and I didn't have WiFi, so when I got to the hotel I didn't have a message from him, so I let it slip, the next day I didn't heard from him so I sent him a WhatsApp "It feels like you don't remember me"
+1 y
and he replied, of course yes, how are you? So I let him know what I was thinking and told him that I know he is no longer interested in me (since that's how I felt) to which he replied "It's not that I'm not interested in you, it has nothing to do with that, but I've been thinking and I'd like to be okay with my family and make more money, those are my priorities and I don't think I'll have the time to have a relationship right now" to which I replied "Okay, so now what?"
+1 y
and he replied "I don't understand what you mean by now what?" and I replied "You are doing the right thing by trying to make those changes and I'm happy about that, I just wanna know where are we going? I know you need time and I won't pressure you, I just wanna know if we are gonna keep going on like this that we barely talk now and if that's how's it gonna be i'd like to know it's not in vain, that we aren't just waisting each other's time" to what he replied
He just ignored my text :( Why?
3
1