I accidentally friend zoned him- how can I unfriendzone him?

BaileyD
Ok so there's this guy and we've hung out a few times. The third time or something he wanted to kiss me but I said I wasn't sure I should because I knew the girl he used to date and at the time I wasn't sure that I liked him in that way.
Move ahead a bit, we talked about the whole ex-girlfriend thing and I said that I didn't care because i wasn't very close with her but that I didn't want just like a friends with benefits or hookup kind of thing. (This was all over text)
Then last night we hung out again and we did start kissing but then I starting to worry that he only wanted a friends with benefits kinda thing or only liked me in that way while I was started to like him as more than that, so we stopped.
Looking back though I kinda regret it- like I don't think he was forcing any thing on me or necessarily treating me like a just a hookup. (like if I moved his hand away then he respected that) and I don't know but I feel like he might like me- not just want a hookup.
But I feel like I've messed anything with him up, turning things down with him twice, I don't know.
What should I do, I really wanna fix it?

thanks
15
6