Question about online dating struggles?

I'm a 24-year old guy who's noticed that when I go out in public, girls (even if I've never met them before) that I find attractive will come up to talk to me/show interest in me. But when I try out dating sites (tinder, pof, etc.) I struggle WAY more. Every time I find a girl who I'm attracted to or seem to share interests with, they rarely match with me/message or show interest. I've been told I have a "young" or "innocent" face before so I'm wondering if I look too young online, where other factors like being 6'4" help me look more my age in public. I'm thinking this might be the reason, because when I DO match with someone they're usually 18 or 19 😑. I attached some of the photos i use on dating sites, can you give me some input about why these pics don't seem to be working for me online? Or why you would "swipe left" to me or choose not to match or start a conversation? It's really confusing to me, I'm thinking I might just lose the apps and start got out to bars every night lol!Question about online dating struggles!?Question about online dating struggles!?Question about online dating struggles!?Question about online dating struggles!?Question about online dating struggles!?Question about online dating struggles!?

157

Most Helpful Girl

• You look like a nice friendly guy. I'd say take of the pics with girls though. Usually drinking pics aren't good either, but yours isn't too bad actually... Only the girl and guitar pic makes it worse lol... the three combined you look like a guy who goes out a lot and performs and has groupies lol, just taking out the pic with the girls would change it.
    Generally, guys choose people without pics of them with some dude with his arm round her, and girls choose people without pics of guys with their arm round a girl. It's normal.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Appreciate the advice! I actually don't use the girl pics but I wanted to test the waters and see what people said. Definitely won't use it!! And the alcohol comes a little from my self-consciousness about not looking like I'm 21, it's stupid I know... but I'll try losing the beer pics too!

• The alcohol pic isn't actually too bad by itself. It doesn't look like some guys who look like they just party wild too much and can't be sensible with their drink and just enjoy a drink without getting fucked up every time.
      I think the only reason you look so young is because you have really good skin. The way you hold yourself and how you dress is older.

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating is (much) harder for guys than offline dating. This is because the whole thing is more about looks, guys outnumber girls and guys will spam girls, so even a mediocre girl (looks and personality/achievement wise) thinks she can get a brain surgeon who is a Ryan Gosling look-alike.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What? I dont look like Ryan Gosling? My life is ruined... jk haha but yeah there's a lot of truth in what you said!