Let's say you are a guy/ girl and recently rejected a girl/ guy, ideally how would you prefer that person act/ respond after you rejected them?

Anonymous
What would want them to say to you immediately after you reject them? In general would you want them to talk to you some time after the incident or would you not want to run into them again? Would you want to still be their friend/ acquaintance and act like the whole thing never happened? Would you be able to still see that person the same? Are you the rare individual that gets somwhat of an ego boost after turning someone down and want to see them upset/ show emotion? Have you ever rejected someone and not felt entirely confident about it? Maybe thought to yourself " Well, if I said yes maybe I would have actually liked going out with that person and it wouldn't have felt like a trip to the dentist. Maybe I let the negative side get the best of me there and could have been more open to the idea and given them a chance. It beats feeling guilty about the whole thing." Are you the type of person who does not care how they respond or act. Just not care in general? Or do your thoughts on this ever completely vary on a case to case basis. Curious to hear people's different thoughts on this.
2
1