What exactly might keep a guy from dating a smart, witty, pretty girl?
Most Helpful Guy
There can be many reasons:
1. May be he is shy, reserved type so it's highly unlikely he will make a move ( ever). Hence he lacks the capacity to ask her out, to pursue a woman.
2. He could be the type of guy who was actually never interested in her in first place, say he only wants friendship or in the worst case he only wants a physical relationship from her.
3. Another reason could be that he only finds her physically attractive and so has a very strong lust on her and nothing more.
4. Another reason could be that he just doesn't trust women in general, he might have come to a conclusion that a woman will never love him and will eventually leave him for some other guy either by cheating on him or out of her own free will to leave him ( he is being proactive and thinking about the future).
5. A very common reason and in relation to point #4 he is protecting himself from getting hurt which is natural and understandable.
6. Another reason could be the fact that he lacks the capacity the skill to take the risk and ask the girl out and see what happens, he rather believes in playing safe. Means he would continue liking her but only from a distance.4
Most Helpful Girl
-If he thinks one of his friends is also into her or has had a relationship with her in the past
-If she is really popular and has a lot of guy friends he might feel like she won't have eyes for him when she has so many options
-If she does not seem interested in him he might decide against pursuing her to save him from the rejection1