Girls, have you ever approached or asked a guy out before?

• Yes
    64% (21)
  • No
    36% (12)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I have! My ex boyfriend. I had to ask him out cause I kept dropping hints and he wouldn't do it. Chicken.

• Harsh lmao. You sure he picked up on the hints?

• I guess he seems uncomfortable with you. I don't know. I guess you intimidated him somehow? Lol.

• Nah I doubt it. He just doesn't know what he wants or he does and it isn't me

What Girls Said 16

• I asked my fiance to homecoming senior year of high school.
    He asked to make it official.
    He also asked me to marry him.

So... yeah.

• All the guys I've been with it was me who approached first. It takes me 5 minutes to get interested in someone and I don't waste time, I go for it. I lose interest quickly if I wait too long. Or if they wait too long.

• So you're the type that goes for whatever you want when you want it?

• Why can't more women be assertive like that? Lol I never get asked out, or approached, and if I do its by the wrong women.

• It's a tale as old as time, it's like that with everyone we always get approached by the wrong ones :D

• I learned that most guys I'm interested in didn't think I would be interested in them. Sooo if I wanted them to speak to me I had to find my way in. Believe me it was nerve racking but I realized that most guys were open for a conversation. I never left feeling embarrassed. I either left with their number or just having a great time with someone.

• Nice to hear everything worked out. I hear some girls go through bad experiences but guys are usually open though.

• It depends definitely on the person but if your too afraid of rejection you can totally miss out on a possible opportunity! In my experience they've been pretty nice. I try to think of an honest conversation or something to say in the situation. This is funny but when I use to go clubbing what I usually said to approach a guy was, "You have REALLY awsome hair." They did. I wasn't lying. That's what made me notice them in the first place. Usually they were surprised and quite flattered. Now if they wanted to talk to me they kept talking if they didn't they would smile and say thanks.

• That's true and I think everyone at some degree is afraid of rejection. That's a pretty cool strategy you used to talk to guys at a club and it's even better that what you said is true. Sometimes when you get random compliments it's hard to tell if it's real or not.

• Nope. I'm too introverted and shy for that.

• I technically asked my boyfriend out almost three years ago.

• Women got to do what she got to do!!

• I never did that. I'm shy and I already know I will be rejected for one obvious reason.
    So, it's not worth trying.

• Interesting. What makes you think you'll be rejected?

• Yeah I do that now. I gave the online thing a try and nothing really came out of it so I just rely on real life. Like I said if I was more outgoing it be easier... but yeah for you and white guys hopefully one shows up for you.

• Then you're doing the right thing. Hope things work out for you.
      As for a guy for me, I'm pretty sure he won't show up. And if he does, it will be only within 10 years.

• Honestly? About as often as I've been asked out.

• No NEVER! I have said it before and I shall say it again - "The dog always comes to the bone, the bone never goes to the dog"

• So you don't approach any guy?

• Yes he must have a general grasp of geo-politics, history and culture. I like a man who as been to the opera, has been to the theatre, has read the classics like Dickens and Jane Austen and takes my to the best hotels when I am in London. I do not eat in McDonalds or Burger King if a man tried to take me to such places I would refuse and call a taxi for myself.
      Im not a snob but I have high standards and expect men I date to have the same high standards.

• If that's what you're interested in that's cool. It does seem like you have high standards no lie, but if you can find a man to match all those then it's worth it.

• Yes but it didn't go anywhere, I don't think the guys knew what my intentions were since I didn't outright say they were cute, I just flirted, laughed and smiled a little more than usual

• Yep, I've asked more than 3 dudes.

• did it several times, I go for what I want

• So you're the go getter type huh?

• sorry I didn't mean to lead you on, I get carried away when talking about topics that I can't really talk about in rl. I'm ok with follows though

• That's cool. I mean if you ever have anything to talk about just shoot me a message or something. I don't mind.

• Yeah I asked a guy out but got rejected. I knew there would be a 60/40 chance of him saying no. But his signals were strong though. I got over it though. It happens.

• Nope. And I won't do so either.

• Yeah.

• No. Tbh I'm always to scared too lol