+1 y

Guys, How to get him back after a misunderstanding?

Hi all, I have been dating a guy, we met 4 years ago, we dated a bit then, he broke it off. He called after 3 years apologizing and we started dating again 3 months ago. About two weeks ago he found out he has testicular cancer, had a surgery and is awaiting results to see if he is clean or what comes next. Sunday evening, I was being stupid and selfish and I texted him that I wanted to see him as I want his advice on something and that if he ignores my text again, it probably means something. (he doesn't use Internet much or does not text unless it is to ask me to meet up about once a week since diagnosis) . He responded asking whats up, I did not want to go into details, ignorant stupid me, and just said I am thinking of the future and I want his opinion on something and I also hope to see him more often. Back then I did not realize how that sounds to someone who does not know what happens in a week, next Tuesday he gets the results. He texted then we should stop seeing each other, that he does not want to see me, he had been thinking and he does not want to do anything he is not sure about and to please, not text him. He would not pick up the phone afterwards. After I realized what I had done I feel terrible. I texted him two days after the fight, saying I am ever so sorry for being selfish, and that I want to keep in touch as I care for him. No response, of course. What do I do? It is a silly way to end things because of a misunderstanding and he is in a hard life situation I really do not want to stop fighting for him and be there for him. It is not up to me I know, any advice? I think, maybe I should try calling him next week after he gets his results and see how it went? Any advice, as detailed as you can is appreciated. I think this might be the one for me, since the love lasted over the years even without contact, it is heartbreaking if it should end this way. Thank you very much!
Guys, How to get him back after a misunderstanding?
Add Opinion