My boyfriend recently moved in and I was fine with him not paying rent to start because he needed to save money to fix his Truck or buy a new one. Shortly after he moved in he lost his job. Now its gone from not helping with bills to be full on supporting him and using my car. He isn't lazy and helps around the house. He is trying to start a business refinishing furniture in my garage owhich I am fine with but its been 3 weeks of no money and I can't afford it. I am going out to dinner tonight and honestly can't afford to pay for him. How do I explain I can't afford him? What do I do to fix this at this point?
Most Helpful Guy
1. Stop going out to dinner.
2. Learn to economize by shopping at low cost supermarkets like Aldi's or Save-A-Lot or even Dollar General.
3. One of you gives up a cell phone but then gets a pay-as-you-go cell phone.
4. Garden for produce.
5. Be smart with the car and plan activities that minimize trips.
6. Cut any leisure subscriptions like Netflix or cable. In fact, stop watching TV and listen to radio.
7. Take in a border.
8. Use coupons religiously.
There are dozens of other things you can do and I've done all of the above.
However, if you can't get through this together then that says something about you people as marriage-material for anyone. After all, the vows include "for richer, for poorer", not "I'm going out to dinner tonight and can't afford you."0
Most Helpful Girl
pay your way or fuck off. . . .0