Found out the guy I’ve been dating for 3 months has been seeing another girl because we're not "exclusive" Is this bad behaviour :(?

Anonymous
Some backstory - we met online and we've dated for 3 months so far. We both said we were looking for something long term and we really liked each other. We slept together about a month ago. He's shared a lot of deep stuff with me he hasn't told many people apart from close friends/family (health issues, family issues etc) and I've met his friends and family. We've never had the exclusivity talk, which is fine, as I like things to progress naturally, because you kind of "know" when you're at that stage. I thought everything between us was moving gradually in that direction, until he told me he'd been on a few dates with this girl he knew.

He didn't seem phased by admitting it, as we weren't "official." He was surprised by my reaction, and said that I was clingy.

Technically he's right in today's dating world, but morally it feels like a punch in the gut and simply cheating. Call me oldfashioned, but I always date one person at a time. He should of told me early on if he was open to playing the field until exclusivity, as to which, I would not have dated him. I do NOT want to date someone I'm also sleeping with, who could be sleeping with other girls.

So my question is, are his actions acceptable?
+1 y
Update - Wow! What a response. Thank you to ALL of you for your opinions.
I think I've left out some vital information :S less than two months ago, the guy went through an awful time with some family health issues and work circumstances. At the time, he gave me the opportunity to walk away if the stress became too much, especially so early when dating someone... but I stood by him, clearly explaining I wasn't interested in dating anyone else.
+1 y
(contd) ... so he KNEW that I wasn't seeing anyone else.
14
23