I don't think I've ever really been the kind of girl that people fall in love with. Either I'm the weird one or the awkward one or the annoying one or just really below average looks- whatever it is I don't think I've ever really been an option for most guys.
I know I can't make myself prettier-although I still haven't come to terms with this- so I figured I'd focus on what I can control (my personality). What makes people's personalities enchanting or attractive to a guy? And don't pull that "confidence is so hot" stuff for your answers because I've been told that 1000 times and really can't do much about it.
Most Helpful Guy
1. Be positive, happy, and fun to be around (as opposed to sad, depressed, angry, bitter, etc.). Nearly everyone WANTS to be around the happy, fun people, but no one wants to be around depressed folks.
2. Be good at something, and have a passion for it. What "it" is doesn't really matter a ton, but you want something that sets you apart from the average person.
3. Have some things to bring to the table in a relationship (beyond sex - though that's important). That could be money (a good job to support yourself), domestic stuff (being able to cook), organizational skills (maybe you're good at paying the bills or keeping your social calendars full), or something. You will rely on him for some things, so carry a bit of his weight on others. Guys appreciate a girl who tries to find a balance.
4. Be supportive of the guys you are around. If you can help them out or give them advice or something once in a while, they'll appreciate it and they'll have good things to say about you.
5. Hang out with guys and learn how they are and what they like and want. Make sure you turn off your "I'm offended by that" reaction - don't try to change them, but instead, try to APPRECIATE them being the way they are. A big turn-off for most guys is a girl who wants to change him, and doing this will help you accept guys for who they really are - and THAT is something guys find attractive.
6. Don't be afraid to talk, and BE HONEST. Learn to be MUCH more direct - don't try to "hint" about an issue or expect that "he should KNOW what I want!" because he's not a mind-reader - yet so many girls expect guys to do that. Remember: guys tend to have FAR lower social skills than girls, so don't assume he knows what you want or expect - TELL HIM. And if you want something, ASK HIM. Use your words. Be polite, but be DIRECT.1
Most Helpful Girl
Most men want a positive person who is pretty, kind, adores them and never nags.0