Is it time for guys to stop asking for the number?

I've been on an internet thing recently... my mind keeps figuring out ways to get ahead of all the technological advancements that are especially utilized by young people.

one thing occurred to me this afternoon:

Why ask for the number when you can easily get the snapchat?

Cons of the number:

-It raises her defenses: Who is this guy?

-It raises her insecurity: What does it say about me if I give my number that easily?

-It raises her boredom: Every guy always wants my number

Pros of the number:

-You can call/FT more easily than any app can do (well, not technically. Skype gives the clearest pitch)

-You can call/FT ANYTIME the phone is on

-The fact that you're at the level of texting and calling suggests you all are at a closer level of intimacy than apps (though this can be debated

Cons of Snapchat:

-She doesn't always have to have it on (Though she usually does)

-She may not have notifications on (I honestly have no clue if she does)

-You could possibly be seen as gay for liking snapchat so much you ask for that instead of the number

Pros of Snapchat:

-She'll almost always say YES (Even if she doesn't like you/ know you that well)

-Other guys might not be thinking of it, yet (Novelty Factor)

-More fun/dynamic than stilted texts back and forth

*** Final General Thoughts on Getting Ahead of The Pack

Important to note how important it is in general to be thinking about the future possibilities of everything. If something like snapchat truly is capable of "replacing the phone" then capitalizing on it early rather than when the masses migrate grants a huge advantage. It's like being the designer versus being the gamer for the nerds out there. An example could be those that jailbroke their iphones before iphone apps even officially came out. we had gameboy emulator and FREE roms--as many as we wanted that worked PERFECTLY.

Is it time for guys to stop asking for the number?

1|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

What Guys Said 32

• I'd rather raise her defenses and insecurities than take the chance that she'll think I'm gay.
    It's not nice, but there it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have been doing this years. It's pretty awesome. Plus the convention with snap is that when u open a message you reply immediately.

0|0
    0|0
    • true i didn't think about that. so you've gone from either meet to snap to sex or meet to snap to girlfriend before?

• Ya, although snap is just an intro man, they key to getting to know people is just spending time with them, it's that simple. The only real utility of snap is to arrange meet ups until they just become a regular occurrence.

• I agree. I'd rather just ask a date there on the spot. All of the numbers I've gotten have led nowhere.

0|0
    0|0
    • i hear that a lot actually. and this coming from guys who have amazing skills getting numbers from girls

• It's easy to get numbers, but it's not easy to get girls.

• I don't use snapchat and I predict there are others, too, that don't have time for that nonsense.

0|0
    0|0
    • hey if you're getting screwing hot girls as much as makes you comfortable then i wouldn't change a thing

• Show All
    • it's always relevant

• I can imagine teenagers thinking this way.

• I think women should just give their number, we dont need to ask for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like meeting internet girls...

2|0
    0|0
    • i can respect that but while i can't prove snapchat is the way i can promise you its possible to get laid every night of the week every week for months by a different girl with the volume thats on the internet... probably VERY FEW 9s and 10s but you can get solid 7s and 8s if you profile is together and your text game is solid.

• Trust me I KNOW lol

• Let's l @ snap chat. What a waste

0|0
    0|0
  • What about female friends though? What if they read your message and don't reply for ages?

0|0
    0|0
  • People still ask for phone numbers? Usually girls just ask me for my facebook. The main problem with phone calls is that they're so expensive unless you have the same provider and free calls to people with the same provider

0|0
    0|0
  • Why bother asking for her shit at all? Men as a whole need to stop approaching women. Saves you time of being used.

If she wants you then she needs to come and get you. #EQUALITY.

0|0
    2|0
  • Girls need to do all the approaching now... girls are rude af

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes