In the dating world, is it harder to be a chubby girl or a skinny guy?

RainbowFanGirl
I read a myTake and it has got me thinking: When you're not the ideal body type for your sex, it can make finding a partner much, much more difficult. I had recently read a myTake about a young man and his experience in the dating world being the "skinny guy".
As you may know, the ideal body type for a male is to be tall, "jacked", and just masculine all around, and according to him, being skinny was just not that, and he discribed his experiences and plan to change what he wasn't happy with.

As I was reading I thought about my own issues I had previously experienced by being the "fat girl" and how similar they were to his. I am in the process of losing the last bit of weight I need to lose, but it has had me wondering.

I feel like the results will be split between guys and girls because everyone has their own experiences and view on how things are hard. We'll see though.

Please be respectful and mature with your opinion.
It's harder to be a chubby girl.
It's harder to be a skinny guy.
Both equally have their own problems in dating.
Vote C
Other (explain)
Vote D
GirlGuy
+1 y
From this poll it is much harder to be a chubby girl because
•They are seen as unattractive by many guys

•They are usually made fun off and shitted on by other girls.

• It is much harder for them to get laid because according to many guys "skinny is better". 🙄

• They aren't respected, like at ALL.

• Most fat girls can't rely on looks to get what they want.

Well thanks for all the answers. Be on the lookout for my take about being a former fat girl and the struggles I went through.
52
29