How obvious do you have to be to let a guy know that you like him?

Anonymous
Okay, so there is a guy that I like and I'm also getting some vibes that he may like me too (MAYBE).
We exchange some looks during lecture, but we never talk. He always sits around me but never near me. I also see him steal glances at least once every class.
Now I am super shy and awkward so I never am able to look at him for more than 2 seconds. But today I was feeling bold so I went ahead and sat RIGHT NEXT TO HIM (not during lecture. I saw him sitting at a study lounge.)
At that point I had used up all my courage and energy so my eyes were just glued to the computer screen lol. Since I sat across from him I could still see whether or not he would steal glances. And he did. He would occasionally look up from his notebook to quickly look at me.

BUT like... he still didn't talk to me. Did I make it obvious that I am interested in him? I certainly felt like it was super bold (TO ME).
Do you think he likes me at all? Or does it seem like he's just confused why there's this girl who keeps showing up around him?

6
1