Guys, My boyfriend and I had to get married (civil) just to declare as a couple for our employer. How can I know if he ready to get married and be faithful?

Anonymous
So we have been dating for 3 years and since a year ago he has been telling me that he wants to marry me and that he will propose next year but it will be surprise and that he doesn't know when yet.. so he asked me if we could move in together next year on January and that the ring would come that same year. Well, we had to get married for our employer and now I don't know if the reason why he still wants to give me the ring later sometime next year is because he really isn't ready to be married and faithful for the rest of his life? How can I know he is ready for this or comfortable that I am the one? Also, he has told me that I am the one but why does he want to wait much longer? It feels a little sad to be married to someone who has not yet "proposed" his love to me and intention to be with me for the rest of his life :) in a formal way of course.
1