My boyfriend doesn't seem to have time for a relationship. Should I break up?

Anonymous
My boyfriend works a lot on his business. Even works on the weekends.
Yesterday I didn't talk to him at all because I was pissed about him saying he wanted to see me and then ignoring me (he said he got dsitracted). By the way, I haven't seen him in over a month.
I woke up this morning to frantic texts from him from last night saying that he had driven to my house -after I had fallen asleep.
Is that what it's going to take?

He called me this morning and I answered and he said he'd like to see me later today but I never heard from him. I texted him asking if he was partying (passive aggressive) and he then called me and felt guilty and just wanted to talk on the phone because he didn't have time to see me because he had to get something done at work.
This happens over and over again and I feel that I will always be second to his job.
I've been waiting for things to change but quite frankly, nothing has shown signs of changing.

He tells me he loves me and likes dating me but I feel that just saying it isn't enough.

This relationship has really made me pretty un happy. I've talked to my mom and about it she just told me that if he really cared he'd make time.
So my question is, is this guy just bullshitting me and should I end it? Or am I being selfish and not supportive of his career? I've been seeing him for a year now.
+1 y
Just called him and broke up
2
12