I've liked my friend for two years and now its becoming unbearable! What do I do?

Anonymous
About 2 years ago, I was ordering a coffee and the guy who took my order was the most beautiful human I have ever seen and I was instantly attracted to him. The following semester, we had the same class at university and we became friends. I've never said anything about my feelings for him because he had a girlfriend.

Throughout the two years of friendship, he was in a relationship and I had my own romantic adventures but about 3 months ago he and his girlfriend broke up. We went to see a concert about 3 weeks ago and he and I kissed, something I've been wanting to do for about 2 years. Since then, my feelings for him have heightened and our mutual friends know that I've had a thing for him this whole time!

About 1.5 weeks ago he started seeing someone else but at the same time he talks to me about how he still thinks about his ex-girlfriend. I don't know what to do, he tells me about the new girl and the old ex-girlfriend. He opens his heart to me and all I can do is sit there and listen as a friend when deep down I want to be the one who makes his heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

What should I do? Any advice? Why am I always the rule and never the exception?
2
0