Why are my friends convinced that a guy likes me when he definitely doesn't?

Anonymous
(please read) Here a question regarding something that has happened to me several times, with different guys and different friends (both males and females). Mostly it's about guys I have indeed "dated" in some way and where he backed off. So it has happened to me that common friends who have no knowledge of this tell me, months later, things like "this guy likes you", "he doesn't only want to be your friend" or even "this guy wants a relationship with you". When i clearly know that this cannot be true because it's him who dumped me... How is it possible that my friends get such erroneous impressions when the guy is clearly not interested? Any insights or experiences appreciated, I really wanna know...
+1 y
Those guys told me directly that they are not looking for anything with me, even when my/our friends were convinced they did.
0
1