What to do now I think I really messed up?

Lucy1462
So I have been seeing this guy for about 3 months now. He lives about 2 hours away for me. I was at his house this weekend and I have been feeling that these is something going on. So I checked his phone. I did fine something and I comforted him. I also told him that I looked at his phone. I know I was wrong for checking his phone and I was no different than him I violated his trust. I want to try to work through this but not sure how to go about it. I texted him and apologized for my actions and he said he forgave me and he asked for my forgiveness also. He always calls me in the morning on his way to work and he didn't call me this morning so I texted him "Missed my phone call this morning, and I know you are disappointed with me. I just need to know if I'm, us are worth working through this. I'm a wreck over all of this and have a very hard time. I'm sitting in the parking lot crying not knowing what to do. If you could just let me know something." he responded this " I'm sorry, I just drove up. I did miss our call too.. felt odd not talking to you. I'm just being careful... and taking a moment and deep breath. I really care about you and it hurts me knowing you are hurting. Hope you have a great day". So my question is what do i do... do I just wait to see if he contacts me? should I ask him if there is something I can do to help him trust me again? any advice will be great...
+1 y
I know he was wrong but why do I feel like I'm the one who should be ask for forgiveness... He should be the one who's trying to explain.. I just feel so overwhelmed with this.
+1 y
Update: My boyfriend has been calling be every morning and evening just like before we had this misunderstanding. We talk like nothing had happen so I texted him the other night... " I don't want to push but we need to talk about our relationship and where do you see us. Do you see us exclusive or not there yet? I feel we also need to talk about what happen Sunday. I know you weren't ready tonight to talk and to be honest I wasn't either still trying to process things. Hopefully we can two.
2
1