HELP! How can I prove that I'm serious about rekindling our relationship?

Anonymous
Let me explain. I was dating this girl for 5 months. The passion and love between us felt like years, even decades. We were together all the time. I ended up getting so sick and almost died and during that time she wanted to end things because I had hurt her in the past. She had struggled with self esteem issues and I was always there through everything. I could've easily left but I didn't. Well I agreed and broke up with her. For several months we never talked and we're fine but recently we've tried to restart. I'm in college now and distance is a problem and she's having issues with finding herself and self esteem. She has no one else but me and her family and a couple friends. She wants confidence to be able to walk down the hallway with any guy and not get trash talked for it. I want that for her too. I want her to be confident. We talked for a couple weeks and she's still trying to fix her wounds that I caused. I'm proving I'm a different person with my actions she says she just needs time. I love this girl with all my heart and have expressed that. She says she doesn't want to use the "I love you" phrase right now but she was saying when we restarted and I know she feels it. I know she's knows that we're meant to be together too she's just scared of getting hurt again and has every reason to be. I'm going to be moving home this next semester so long distance won't be a problem. Is there anything I can do to help her realize that I'm here forever and I'm changed and I'm going to be patient with her and stick by her side until she's found herself and confident? She loves me. I can see it in her eyes and the way she talks and acts. I love her so much. It's something I can't describe. It continually grows and she said that's how she felt before I hurt her and she struggles with letting me in again. I want to comfort her and help her but she wants to find herself on her own. I would do anything for this girl. Do I just give it time to let it work itself out?
1
0