Why are tall, athletic, in shape girls interested in me, a short skinny guy?

Anonymous
I noticed some girls who fit this description are interested in me. I am 5'9'', pretty short for a guy, and skinny. I am not weak, but not athletic too. This girl for example is slightly shorter than me, maybe 5'8'', pretty tall for a girl, and is fit and athletic. I suck at games such as volleyball, basketball, but she is really great at it. I am not smaller than her because she is also on the skinnier side, but there are bigger guys around who could be interested in her. Nevertheless, I think she definitely likes me.
Why aren't such girls attracted to bigger and stronger guys? She is pretty and won't have problems getting a guy. I am not bad looking and am smart but I thought such girls are interested in big athletic guys and not small smart guys. Do you think she might have some confidence issues that makes her be interested in a guy that is not as athletic as her? And that's not just a coincidence since there were other athletic girls who liked me. I just don't understand it, that contradicts everything that I read on the Internet.
2
5