Giving up on love?

Anonymous
Recently I had quite a let down in my love life. He was the first guy that I actually liked and just a week ago my last hopes that I had about him for a long time, were finally crashed. It felt like some part of me was ripped out and I was left empty. I know now, for sure, that I will get over it, but it hurts. I don't have any hopes about him anymore, or my love life in general. It's like I was left numb and I want to give up on love at all. The thing is, I hadn't seen this guy for a very long time and he wants to meet up sometime soon, but I don't know if I should, I just feel like few weeks should pass, until I could see him, so I'll probably will postpone this meeting as much as I can. However, right now I'm also on dating site and chatting with a lot of guys, and it has been kind of fun, but I don't know if I should continue. Maybe I should just wait till this disappointment goes away. Maybe I should just cut any contact with any guy for a while and just focus on myself. How do I not give up on love? What did help you get over something similar? I just need to hear, that it gets better, because right now mostly everything in my life went to shit and I just want to shut down and give up on everything.
Giving up on love?
Add Opinion