Strong Crushes and a Potential Love Triangle... Need Help Desperately! What can I do?

Harratot33
Okay, I have a real problem right now. So, at my secondary school I have the standard group of friends - six people, including one which some of us don't like but are still trying to be nice to. One girl in this group I've had a strong crush on (the few people I've told reckon I might have even fallen in love - I've dreamed about her and cried over her in the past) for around a year. Now, in the span of the last few days I finally decided I'm going to tell her how I feel... here comes Problem #1: this could ruin the friendship, right? And I'm not sure I want to take that risk. I do value my friendship with her (sorry that this all sounds so familiar).

Problem #2: The guy in the group that we don't like so much that I mentioned earlier: I think he may also like her. I suspected it for a while, but today all but confirmed it. He was talking to the girl while we were in a group and when another asked me what he had said and I told her, the guy got all stroppy, saying that it was only for the girl I like's ears. That girl also told us about an incident yesterday where the guy picked up on the fact that he'd never hugged her and asked her for one - she said no, but doesn't this mean he likes her?

Please, I'm so scared to tell but if I don't I could live for a long time regretting it. And if I do, aside from the friendship being ruined, the other guy could find out and then our mutual friends would find out and then everything would be very bad...
1
1