When she says "she just got out of a relationship"... Is that always a way to let me down easy, or does she mean it?

gusGuy2211

Newly single. Went out on a date recently with someone I met at a party. It went alright, not great, not terrible. We did kiss a bit later that night, but didn't seem to want to take it further. She kissed me again quickly when she left. I texted her after the date to say I had fun and we should do it again and she replied immediately that she had fun and yes we should do it again, but nothing concrete.

I texted her a few days later, but when I tried to set up a second date, she told me she just broke up with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago, and thought she was ready to date again, but realized she wasn't. I wasn't that bummed and went through the same thing not long ago so I understood, and that is really how I felt when I went through the same thing. She said she did have fun and didn't want me to think that's the reason. But she didn't think it was fair to keep seeing me.

I've been around long enough to know she probably just wasn't that into me. I Told her I understand, and even if she didn't like me I wouldn't hate her. And that if she ever felt like hanging out again to give me a call, and left her with a light hearted inside joke from when we met.

She said thank you for understanding, and haven't talked to her since, that was a few days ago.

So what do you guys think? I'm like 90% sure she wasn't into me, but maybe she is just getting over it and there could be a chance in the future, but I feel like she would have left that open if she was interested. And if she was really into me she wouldn't have cared... but with women you never know...
3
0