Is it ok for someone you haven't even had a first date yet with to text you out of the blue at 12.30am?

Livinglogical
Ok so, I met this guy on tinder, ended up giving him my number (always a risk) and we talked about having a date some time next week. A few days later though he texts me out of the blue at 12.30am. It wasn't a rude text or anything and normally I would just have ignored it until the AM and replied. But I was just drifting off to sleep and it kind of annoyed me that he thought it was appropriate to text me at that time.

So I was like: 'Dude, you know its 12.30 am right?' and he replied with 'Yeah but its the weekend. Its just a text, chill out'. So I replied with 'Chill out? Think you better lose my number' xD

Anyway, my friends seem to think that was too harsh of me but in my opinion, its just not ok to text someone you've never met, out of the blue, at that time of night. To me it shows a lack of boundaries and respect. What do you think? Was I too harsh?

7
13