+1 y

I went on the first date with Bumble guy and he leaves early for friend emergency and hasn't texted me back yet. Does he not like me?

I went on a first date with a guy I've been talking too for two weeks. We met on the Bumble app and I'd say we hit it off pretty fast. We've talked everyday since we met and he always tells me goodnight and good morning. We had a couple serious talks and it really seemed like there was potential this could be a real relationship eventually. So we go on the first date at Balboa Park in San Diego and when I meet up with him he brought me a gift of makeup he got me. Super sweet, then we start walking and talking. A few times I would say there was some awkward silences but one of us would start up another conversation. We had lunch at a place at the park and again it seemed to be going okay but he checked his phone for a short time like twice. And sometime toward end of the lunch, like around paying the check he got a call from a friend who just hit a person on a motorcycle so he said he needed to go to pick him up. I'm not really sure if I should believe that? To me it seemed like he wanted to escape. Nevertheless, I told him he should go, but he insisted on walking me back to my car. He walked me to my car, hugged me, and said he hopes we could hangout again. I drive home, text him "Hey I just got back home, hope your friend is okay, thanks again for lunch and the sweet gift :)". He never texted me back that day. Now it's the next day and he hasn't texted me good morning like he always does... did the date go bad? Is he not interested? I'm so confused on what could have went wrong. I definitely want a second date with this guy. I like him and he expressed before we met that he liked me too. I see so much potential but I really don't know what happened.
2
2