Should I be concerned about my soon to be girlfriend's questionable past?

Anonymous
She has some pretty major mental health issues, to the point where she almost died twice, (One self harm incident, and one OD attempt,) and she was recently sent to a mental hospital for two weeks because there was a guy (or guys, I don't know the details) who sexually took advantage of her. She also has a boyfriend that lives in England. We live in the U. S. (She says the long distance isn't really working out, and that she's going to leave him for me.)
Despite this, she is a really sweet, kind person, and I really care about her. She says she's had a crush on me since band camp at the end of this summer, and we always tell each other how attractive we think each other are, we're constantly texting when we're not around each other, and we've even told each other that we love each other.
Should I be concerned about her past? I'm a devout Catholic, so as you can imagine, some moral qualms I have with the situation are interfering.
1
3