Why is this man putting up with my craziness if he claims he doesn't love me?

Rachealmonster
So I am completely baffled by this man's behavior. We started dating and everything was fine. I admittedly feel like I slept with him to early on. However, he was quite the sweetheart. He would text me good morning beautiful/goodnight constantly. We texted while we were apart nonstop. I continued to date other men because he never really stepped up to have the "where is this going" talk. He knew I was dating other people and had made small comments about it. Eventually, I needed to know where he was at and things started to get weird. He told me he didn't want a relationship and gave me every excuse in the book. This made me quite upset because I felt like I my emotions were being toyed with. Shamefully... I became rather verbally abusive towards him. Full on emotional meltdowns of me screaming at him to leave me alone and stop using me for sex or stringing me along. l and how horrible he was. I've asked him countless times to just ignore me and let me go. I explained to him multiple times both calmly and not so calmly that his behavior was hurting me and I wanted him to go. He asked me to move in with him because he needed a roommate and we spent sometime looking for apartments together. It didn't work out. He swears it wasn't about the sex. But is persistent that it is the best he has ever had ever. He's not initiating conversations now. But he always jumps to reply. Recently on good terms we were joking and I told him sorry my emotional breakdowns are directed towards him and that he gets the emotions while I sleep and date other men. He replied with "lucky me" However when I called him hungover, sick and puking after going on a date. He came over and nursed me back to health. My question is why is this man acting this way towards me when I've done everything in my power to push him away because he won't commit. Why on earth would he be putting up with me if he says he doesn't love me?
2
1