Is he not looking for a relationship? Am I not girlfriend material?

Anonymous
So I started seeing this guy, and we have been dating for over 2 months now, but I first started to talk to him or met him around 20th of August. I am not sure how long it takes a guy or how long he wants to just 'date' until he wants to make it official as boyfriend and girlfriend or anything at all. We basically do things really official, we hold hands in public, we go out to parties together and all that, he even buys me stuff, tells me that he likes me (like everyday), but still nothing is happening.. I am in no need to force or desperate to be his girlfriend right now, but I am curious if he maybe just wants to date and want nothing serious?
He is a great guy and all and August LAST YEAR his ex broke up with him so I am not sure that has to do with it? But I feel like we basically do everything like boyfriend girlfriend so I don't see the problem why he kind of 'avoids' it when I drop hints about it..
2
3