Should I leave this 3 year relationship or see if things get better?

Anonymous
I been with a guy for about 3 years now. When I first started dating this guy he was 29. He was very hardworking and was in a job for 6 years. All of a sudden decided to leave the job and did not mention anything until a month later. He then has not been working for a total of about 1 1/2 years throughout our relationship. Everything is great except for his work ethic. He then eventually got a job for 6 months, as he knew I was unhappy. He then got sick and had 2 major surgeries and has not been working since. He is now 32 and tells me he does not to work with shitty people and wants to start his own company. I am going to be 26 and not sure what to do as if I continue to date him, he may not ever get a job. I currently was working for 3 years and then left my job as I was unhappy. I just feel though I am almost 26 and he is 32 and he should know what he wants before me. Plus he has the option to work with his father's company and will not. He says he loves me so much and I am the best thing in his life. He also mentioned its his time in his life, where he doesn't have kids and wants to try this out. Should I let things ride out or he will not change?
13
2