What's his problem, and what does he want from me?

Tauwicked
Hey guys, I've never been so confused in my life. Recently, I met this guy that I work with. I don't really want to go into a whole lot of details, but eventually, we started texting. At the beginning, things were going well w/ all the cheesy "good morning" & "goodnight " texts. Then, things began to change, as he'd take longer to text back -which was no problem because I rarely text back myself. Outside of work, we've hanged out , and we have great conversations and always laugh. He always compliments me and is ALWAYS staring at me. At work, he talks to me a lot, & we take out breaks together & stuff like that. It always seems like he is I don't know... kind of afraid around me though. I don't know what it is. Ok so here's the thing. I know that he has recently gotten out of a relationship , so understandably, he's not rushing into things,& that's completely fine by me. I let him know that when I asked him what was his goal in talking to me... I asked him to be honest & tell me what he wants. I said what do you want out of this? Do you want to be friends, do you just want sex, or... what? He said he doesn't want to put a title on anything and that he doesn't want us to be labeled as "talking." Earlier, I told him that he can do what he wants and he can talk to who he wants,& im going to do the same. He doesn't want that !! He said he wants me , & he wants me to call him my boyfriend , but he is not actually my boyfriend !!! He introduces me as his girlfriend. I told him that I'm not trying to play any games because I'm grown. I've deleted his number twice & he seemed to be hurt about it , & about "texting me first all the time." He seems like a genuine person , and I can see it in his eyes that he has been hurt a lot in the past. Help. I just don't know what he wants. It's really confusing.
What's his problem, and what does he want from me?
Add Opinion