Guys, I think the person I'm hooking up with thinks we're exclusive and we aren't. How do I reiterate it to him without being rude?

Anonymous
I'm in college and I'm hooking up with a guy down my street. He's super intelligent, loves to smoke, great in bed- all around sweet set up we have going but I don't like him like that. It's hard to explain, but I enjoy being his friend/hooking up but I don't like being exclusive with people. We had the talk a couple of weeks ago and told him im not into dating at all but I think he just took it as "we don't have to put a label on it". i can tell he likes me a lot and it worries me bc I hate hurting people's feelings. I don't want anything to change or stop, just want to be clear on this.

it be extremely shitty of me to just assume we're on the same page right?
5